From today, I will publish a daily summary of the health news here, made from the selected links posted on Twitter. It will be in "bullet points only" format and will always link to the original source. Those who have read this blog since 2005 know that I always link to the source at the end of every blog in a clearly visible and designated "References" section.
Micro-blogging (Twitter) and blogging (CasesBlog) are related in terms of sharing ideas and information. That's why merging them in this fashion is natural:
1. Read health news --> 2. Share on Twitter --> 3. Summarize the selection on the blog.
This is the first edition of "Health News of the Day" blog post series. It will complement the series "Selection of My Twitter Favorites" which has had more than 30 editions since I started using Twitter in June 2008.
- Top 11 compounds in US drinking water? Start with Atenolol, Atrazine, Carbamazepine, Estrone, Gemfibrozil... http://tinyurl.com/6vw4vx
- Treadmill injuries have risen 62 % from 2000 to 2006. Who is most at risk? Toddlers. http://tinyurl.com/9en4mx
- Most caffeinated U.S. cities? Tampa, Seattle, Chicago - in that order. New York and Los Angeles rounded out the 5 http://tinyurl.com/7ppehg
- 49% of all people drink caffeinated coffee daily, with cola and tea tied at a 20% daily consumption rate http://tinyurl.com/7ppehg
- STDs rates soar: U.S. syphilis rates rose for a seventh year, chlamydia reached record numbers http://tinyurl.com/7jyds4
- Antidepressants ease fibromyalgia pain http://tinyurl.com/89yvqt
- Headline:"Hormone treatments accelerate brain shrinkage" Since when did we start using the term "brain shrinkage"? http://tinyurl.com/9jq7zp
- Liberia has just 122 doctors to treat its 3.5 million people. This T-shirt does not inspire confidence: http://tinyurl.com/8dsfpf
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.