Selection of My Twitter Favorites, Edition 39

Twitter is a microblogging service where people answer the question "What are you doing?" via 140-character messages from their cellphone, laptop or desktop. You can select the messages (called "tweets") that you find useful, amusing, or both. Here is the 39th edition of My Twitter Favorites (the oldest post is at the bottom, the newest at the top):

  1. Ves Dimov, M.D.AllergyNotes Releasing mosquitoes by Bill Gates into a startled crowd at TED described as "an amazing TED moment" http://is.gd/iu0o
  2. danah boydzephoria I wish scholars would spend less time denoucing tools like Twitter as illogical and more time puzzling why these tools do work for so many.
  3. Steve Whitakerstevewhitaker Don't worry about the buggy mosquitos Gates released at #ted. Microsoft's working on a patch that's due out next year.
  4. Graham Walkergrahamwalker Sad compliment I received: "Wow, you're the fastest doctor I've seen fill out the online death certificates."
  5. Dave Winerdavewiner My grandfather's name was changed at Ellis Island. When Facebook finds out will I be deleted too?
  6. David PoguePogue Massively depressing first day of TED. Climate change, plastic-choked oceans, depleted fish, melting ice caps, dead coral. sigh.
  7. Ves Dimov, M.D.AllergyNotes BMJ: "Traditional medical thinking follows the chimps: breast beating, head scratching, using rudimentary tools" http://is.gd/irKs
  8. Ves Dimov, M.D.AllergyNotes A third of my blog readers don't visit the website at all -- they read the feed in a RSS reader or via email. A sign of the times.
  9. Brandon BetancourtPediatricInc Coding Tid Bit: Poor historian may justify increase level of billing.
  10. dick costolodickc I had a dream that I invented toast. Headed to morning meetings with renewed sense of self-admiration
  11. J. SchwimmerKidneyNotes @jasoncalacanis Alonso Mourning's kidney disease wasn't due to anti-inflammatory use. (Enjoying listening to TWiT, but that's wrong.)
  12. Dave Winerdavewiner Invitation-only conferences should have a default no-twitter rule. Seems common-sense to the point of being obvious.
  13. Brandon BetancourtPediatricInc At my kids pediatrician. Noticed he has seen 27 patients in 3 hours. Nearly 10 an hour. Impressive or scary. Not sure which.
  14. Heidi Allendreamingspires @AllergyNotes except there is no permanence of words or thoughts on twitter. a blog is more of a diary for some, twitter a newsfeed.
  15. Kevin Rosekevinrose I think turning off tabbed browsing would make me more productive - 12 tabs open, one is a cats w/lasers video, no idea how I got here..
Micro-blogging on Twitter is easy, fun and can be very useful and educational if you follow/subscribe to interesting people.

You can read more here: A Doctor's Opinion: Why I Started Microblogging on Twitter and
visit my account at Twitter/AllergyNotes.

If you are included in this post but would like to have your tweet removed for any reason, please email me and will comply with your request the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment