- Measuring the Happiness of Large-Scale Written Expression: Happiness of song lyrics down from the 1960s to the 1990s. Happiness of blogs has steadily increased from 2005 to 2009 http://bit.ly/aCK9j
- Antidepressant use almost doubles in U.S. between 1996 and 2005. 6% of people in U.S. prescribed an antidepressant in 1996 - 13 million, this rose to 10% or 27 million by 2005 http://bit.ly/zkTI9
- "Daily Omega-3s Recommended for Heart: we only need to treat 56 patients for four years to prevent one death" http://bit.ly/hICFy
- TIME: If a Health-Care Bill Passes, Nurse Practitioners Could Be Key http://bit.ly/ohCAw
- Injuries related to physical education (PE) increased 150 percent -- from 24,000 in 1997 to about 62,000 in 2007 http://bit.ly/FYCgW
- Study: People with blood types A, B, AB at increased risk of pancreatic cancer. Those with blood type O aren't. http://bit.ly/O2qhl
- Doctors from Cuba, Starting Over in U.S. as Nurses http://bit.ly/BVqkT
- PubMed abstract: "Does Facebook bring out the green-eyed monster of jealousy?" http://bit.ly/VSzmW
- Second thoughts on safety of shredded tires at children playgrounds http://bit.ly/6S3jo
Medical news tweets are not research articles - they are 140-character messages - please always go to the original source, links, etc. The inclusion of a Twitter update (tweet) is not an endorsement or agreement of any kind. Tweets and links do not represent endorsement, approval or support.
Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.